Bird Lovers Back up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coping from bli........

Go down

coping from bli........ Empty coping from bli........

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 am

At this time the owner of this page "devon" is without a computer and is unable to look after this web site properly. I (Patti the assisitant manager) currently have 65 creatures, primarily rescue birds and animals, to care for and don't have the time. Anyone interested in taking over this web site should contact me at papete@ihug.com.au to arrange to make this page their own.

Patti

Admin
Admin

https://birdlovers2backup.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

coping from bli........ Empty copying....New Assistant Manager

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 am

All Message Boards : New Assistant Manager
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete Send Replies to My Inbox

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

From: Katzxten (Original Message) Sent: 12/22/2000 12:45 PM
Well Bird People I am going to try to manager this site for a while. I have a long history with birds but not computers so please bear with me hor a while. Let me know what you want and when we can chat. Thanks Katz

First Previous 2 of 1 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 1 in Discussion

Hi Katz,
In response to your email, my schedule is so erratic that I have no good time. I'm just between semesters now so am on the board a little more. I do like getting the emails though. I think I would probably forget where the list was if they weren't sent to me. Thanks. Janet (lili)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

coping from bli........ Empty Love those Budgies!

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 am

All Message Boards : Love those Budgies!
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete Send Replies to My Inbox

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Hi. I've always loved birds & owned a parakeet (budgie). My last one - Snowy - was my baby & lived to be 8 years old. He died right before Christmas & I went out & got another one right away. My new little guy - Buddy - is adorable, but I'm having a hard time taming him. When I got him he was young - about 8 weeks old. Since my last bird lived to be 8, I really can't remember how long it took before he accepted me as his "mommy". I let him out a lot & spend at least 15 minutes a day taking him on my finger & showing him around the house. But he still "runs" away from me & is afraid. Anybody know how long it usually takes to tame a budgie? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

First Previous 2-6 of 1 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 1 in Discussion

Hi, I have found that some birds are much easier to tame than others. You cant tell which ones will be accepting of you and which wont. In my own experience, I have found that hand raising them, assures that they will accept you. I had parrakets years ago and I could never tame them, yet I had a friend who taught hers to talk!!! It would say numerous things like 'pretty boy' , it would whistle like sailors to pretty girls, and it would bark like her dog??? I loved it. It was just a regular blue parraket. Now I raise love birds and I bought two young ones, just weined and they were my original ones. I could never tame them. They would not only fly away, but when I caught them, they would bite me hard. Well after two years, they started mating and I hand raised all the clutches of babies and one was nicer then the next. I would leave them with the parents until they were three weeks old then remove them. Its not hard, just time consuming. Why not get a mate for your bird and when its old enough, let nature take its course and then hand raise the babies???? Mine even know their names now. I can call one in particular, and it will fly over to me. Just remember, you cant replace the one you had. I know thats what you want, and I have tried that. They are all different. Emc...

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 1 in Discussion

Hi parakeets are hard to understand. Is your new guy a guy or a gal? I have 5 of them caged together in a large cage and some of them love me and some of them hate me. I treat them all the same so don't know what their problems are. Katz

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 1 in Discussion

Hi. I still have Buddy & she's still afraid of me. Guess she's one of those that just won't ever be real tame. I wonder if I should get her a mate, I'm sure she'd be happier with one. I since acquired a lovebird also. I never had one before. This one is really feisty. He(?) loves to come out, cuddle & shred papers. The only thing is he's got a deadly beak. When he decides to bite, look out! I wonder if there's any way of breaking him of that bad habit.

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 1 in Discussion

Lori I meant to ask you if your birds wings are trimmed? Katz

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 1 in Discussion

Her wings were clipped when we got her but have since grown out. It didn't really help because she'd go hide under the furniture & was still really hard to get. I don't want to clip them again as I don't think it'd help tame her & she loves to fly around so much. She's still enjoyable, just not nearly as much as if she were friendly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

coping from bli........ Empty Re: coping from bli........

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum