Bird Lovers Back up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cockatiel diabetes

Go down

cockatiel diabetes Empty cockatiel diabetes

Post  Admin Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 am

rom: Janet (Original Message) Sent: 3/28/2001 6:19 PM
Hi, This is something new for me. As of 3 weeks ago, I'm giving my little pied daily insulin injections. She was incredibly sick and is doing well now, but I am VERY squeamish and must steel myself for it daily. She does pretty well now that she's used to it, and I find a new spot every day, but she'll still a little pin-cushion! She's used to it, but I don't think I'll ever get used to it. I just remember the alternative, then it's a bit easier to do.

First Previous 2-3 of 1 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 1 in Discussion

Oh lili
I really feel for you! I have been fortunate in that none have mine have required anything like daily injections. I am not sure I could do it! Has the vet got her on any special diet or supplement? I realy hope you will let us know how you are doing. Katz

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 1 in Discussion

Thanks. She went back to the vet today because she is having diarrhea and is very thirsty again. I gave her an extra 1/2 drop yesterday, but it didn't help. Since it was Sunday, I didn't want to take any chances with too much insulin although I keep P's Allfruit Jam here just in case. (I can't seem to keep any fruit juice in the house!) I hope we can get her insulin adjusted soon. She is the sweetest, happiest little bird in the world!

Admin
Admin

https://birdlovers2backup.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum