Bird Lovers Back up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conures... the good & bad

Go down

Conures... the good & bad Empty Conures... the good & bad

Post  AbbyBCLady Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:43 am

Hello, I'm thinking of getting a conure in the future as my next step in bird lovin'. I have a lovebird right now. I'd like to know how much time it takes to care for a conure (Suns or Jendays) and how much of a financial responsibility it is. What are the ups and downs in owning a conure? Thanks, *Gracie

Message 2 of 1 in Discussion
HELLO GRACIE,

I HAVE A JENDAY CONURE. HE WONDERFUL BIRD AND HE A LOVER. THEY CAN BE A BIT NOISEY AT TIMES, BUT IF YOU KEEP THEM BUSY THEY SEEM TO BE VERY HAPPY. I GOT MINE FROM A PERSON WHO KEPT HIM IN A CLOSLET BECAUSE HE SQUACK ALL DAY. SINCE I HAD HIM HE HAS COME LONG WAYS FROM WHERE HE CAME FROM.HE LOVES TO PLAY AND CHEW UP HIS TOYS. AND HE FAROVITE FOOD IS APPLES AND NOODLES. THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD BIRDS IN GENERAL.THEY GET ALONG WITH OTHER BIRDS TO. I THINK THEY ARE WONDERFUL BIRDS AND THEY ARE VERY LOVING. THE ONLY THING IS THAT CAN BE BAD IS THE NOISE. BUT IF YOU LOVE THE SOUND OF BIRDS IT SHOULD NOT BOTHER YOU. I GOT MY BIRD AND DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM, SINCE I HAVE HAD HIM I HAVE RESEARCH THE CONURE TO MAKE SURE I GIVE HIM THE BEST POSSIBLE LIFE. I WOULD TALK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONE AND SEARCH THE WEB AND FIND OUT ALL ABOUT THEM. THEY ARE WONDERFUL BIRDS AND BEAUTIFUL.GOOD LUCK SHEILA

Message 3 of 1 in Discussion
Hi Gracie,
My daughter(now 14) has a little maroon belly conure. They have been companions for 3 years this November. He is of the Pyrrhura genus(they tend to be quieter,but also less colorful). He is so nosey and cute and very attached to my daughter. He adjusted to our family with ease and got right into the program. The downfall of his purchase was,- I thought it would calm my appetite for a larger bird,....but..NO WAY---it made it worse!! Within a month, George our 1st African Grey would move in to rule the roost. If I had gotten a noisy conure, it would be amplified times three,- with the two greys we have. You may also want to look into a Quaker,as they are the same price range and size and talk pretty good. Good Luck and keep us posted...michele

Message 4 of 1 in Discussion
Hi Gracie,

I have a sun conure that I hand raised from 4 weeks. He is a sweetie but has a very loud voice! As soon as he sees me or hears my voice he starts screeching for me! And of course I run to his side...yes...I know...he is spoiled! But I love him very much! Conures are wonderful little comedians. They will keep you amused and entertained for hours.

Amy

AbbyBCLady
Admin

Back to top Go down